There are plenty of things you can do to manage and minimize negative impacts of hard water around your home. And it’s easy to do damage control, every day to prolong the life of your appliances and plumbing; assuming that’s how you want to spend your days. If you’d rather spend your time more productively, a water filtration system will set you free.
Water, Water, Everywhere
There are many types of filtration systems that employ different kinds of filters, including:
- Carbon/charcoal, activated
- Carbon/charcoal, granulated
- Carbon/charcoal, solid block
- Reverse osmosis
- Solar water distiller
Location, Location, Location
Once you’ve decided to install a water filtration for cleaner and better-tasting water, you need to narrow your choices to choosing a type of water filtration system that works best for you and your family. Here are four systems for consideration:
- Pitcher – This is easy. Fill the pitcher with tap water, and the filtration gives you great-tasting, cleaner drinking water. The filter-change schedule is clearly marked. However, in the summertime, active families drink quite a few pitchers in one day!
- Stand-alone reverse osmosis unit – This will remove many contaminants and bacteria, but it also removes some of the trace minerals your family needs. It tends to waste water more to generate 1 gallon of drinking water and uses valuable counter space.
- Under-the-counter – The multi-stage under-the-counter is a great option; its location is convenient and filtration superior. It’s probably not a DIY (do-it-yourself) installation.
- Whole-house water filter – None of the other water filtration systems will preserve your appliances, lessen hard water damage, get your clothes cleaner using fewer detergents, or provide clean bath/shower water for healthier hair and bodies. Whole-house water filtration gets the vote for overall ROI (return on investment).
Bradbury Brothers understands that home plumbing is as individualized as interior décor. If you suffered structural damage this year, we can work with your architect/contractor to restore your home’s functionality while preserving the integrity of its design. And yes, clean water delivery is our top priority. We believe it should be your priority, too.