Perhaps 2017 is the year to do those property renovations you’ve been considering. You’ll want the best value possible for your project, and as you make your budget for your remodeling project, should you include a new HVAC unit to increase energy savings now or keep Old Faithful for a few more years?
Review Your HVAC Performance
- Energy Efficiency – Reduced efficiency is a sign you should replace your unit.
- Too Many Repairs – If you had to pay to see us too many times in 2016, you might need to cut your losses and invest in a new system that will also offer more energy savings in the long run.
- IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) is Questionable – If you suspect your IAQ is not as good as it could be, a new HVAC system may be the fix.
Each one of these can be checked during your HVAC spring maintenance visit, and they may be minor problems with easy fixes.
Protect Your HVAC System
During a renovation, construction dust and chemicals can exacerbate IAQ problems; ways you can protect your HVAC system from construction airborne pollutants.
- The words you never want to hear from a pediatrician or HVAC professional are: “If only you’d called sooner…” Call 281-651-5484 before you begin and let us know there will be construction near or around your HVAC unit.
- Turn it off during the work. Dust and dirt can damage your unit, and there’s no easy way to control the airborne particles during remodeling.
- Close off registers and vents in rooms that are under construction. Call or contact us to learn how many you can shut at one time to prevent airflow blockages.
Energy Savings Begin With You
The HVAC professionals at Bradbury Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning live in the North Houston area too, so we know some of the challenges (see: humidity) our HVAC systems face. We’ll work with your contractors/architects to ensure your 2017 remodeling project is a creative adventure for you and your family!