December 2016 saw Houston temperatures dipping into the thirties only to get colder in 2017. That means it’s winter in Texas! Most of us enjoy winter because it brings the kind of weather we don’t see much of here in Southeast Texas. Our friends at HouseLogic.com have a checklist for homeowners to complete every fall/winter, and we think it’s . . . logical. It’s never too late to winterize your home, so here’s your Bradbury Brothers Heating and Air Conditioning checklist for fall/winter home maintenance!
- Stow your mower and other landscaping equipment.
- Store water hoses and turn off the outside water.
- Drain and turn off your sprinkler systems.
- Prune your plants.
- If your windows show signs of air loss or leaks (foggy appearance in the corners, condensation), seal the windows.
- Clean your gutters and check your roof, especially around the chimney.
- Inside, inspect the chimney with a flashlight; you’re looking for birds’ nests and other blockages. Check your fireplace damper; make sure it opens, closes, and seals tightly.
- Have your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system serviced by Bradbury Brothers Heating and Air Conditioning.
No matter what the season, airborne allergens are always a problem in Texas. When your heating and cooling equipment runs efficiently, you will have cleaner air to breathe. We call our HVAC maintenance a “tune-up,” because, like an automobile, an HVAC system is mechanical.
A maintenance plan typically includes inspecting your heating system in the fall/winter and your air conditioning in the spring/summer. For your heating system tune-up, we will:
- Check your thermostat settings.
- Tighten all electrical connections, measure voltage and check the current on electrical motors.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Inspect the condensate drain.
- Ensure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
Bradbury Brothers Heating and Air Conditioning
We truly care about your safety and health, and we know we can improve your air quality and lower your heating and cooling bills with our HVAC maintenance/service plan. Call 281.651.5484, 936.271.2030, or contact us online to schedule your 2016 fall/2017 winter HVAC maintenance check!