Today’s homeowners don’t wait until an emergency to hire a professional. We’re returning to a simpler, more connected time, similar to days when your local plumbing contractor was someone you knew and trusted because his or her family was a part of the community. The best time to research area plumbers is when you don’t need one. There are several considerations when hiring a plumbing contractor, and an important one is that the company and its employees meet Texas license requirements.
High Standards for Plumbers in Texas
The Texas State Board of Plumbers Examinters (TSBPE) has very superior examination standards that are recognized throughout the U.S. Separate exams are conducted for Journeyman Plumber and Master Plumber. Every plumber that works for you should have at a minimum, a Journeyman Plumber license.
What to Look For
Here are recommendations from TSBPE for finding plumbing contractors:
- Ask for the names of the company’s Master Plumber and his/her license number. To verify the validity of the license, visit TSBPE’s website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-845-6584.
- Ask for the Certificate of Insurance information for the company. If you have any questions, email TSBPE, email@example.com .
- Call TSBPE, 800-845-6584 x65249 to ask if the company has had any valid complaints filed against the state license.
- Gather comparison pricing information from other plumbing contractors. Do they charge by the hour or do they price by the job? Ask how they can be paid (Do they accept credit/debit cards?).
- Ask your plumbing contractor for references. Definitely contact the references!
Bradbury Brothers Services only hires plumbing professionals who live within 20 miles of our service area, not only because we want to be able to respond quickly in an emergency, but also because we want every member of our team to do the best job possible for our neighbors. If you live in one of the dynamic communities north of Houston, call 281.661.4283 or contact us for more information.