Your home’s HVAC system is a huge investment in your family’s comfort, safety and security, which is why it pays to choose carefully when considering HVAC contractors. You don’t want to just open the phone book and call the first contractor you see, or do a quick Google search without putting in some time and effort.
Following are some tips for picking the best among HVAC contractors in The Woodlands TX.
- Does a certain contractor give you a bad feeling? If something bothers you about a contractor, it’s best to move on.
- Do some research. Learn about insurance and license requirements in Texas. When you settle on a certain contractor, check the TDLR.
- Get some advice. Friends, co-workers and neighbors should be able to provide you with recommendations of contractors who have done a good job for them. Local trade organizations can vouch for quality contractors.
- Make sure they’re NATE certified. North American Technician Excellence (NATE) tests and certifies HVAC and refrigeration technicians. If your contractor is NATE certified, you can be confident its technicians are up to date on the latest heating and cooling technology, and have a solid record of performance.
- Call references. The contractor should be able to give you references.
- For major repairs or installations, ask for a home visit. Don’t take estimates over the phone for a big project. That should be an instant red flag.
- Make sure the contractor stocks Energy Star-qualified systems and equipment. The Energy Star mark of excellence confirms the product meets minimum energy-efficiency standards while not sacrificing quality.
- Ask for written itemized estimates, and don’t pay the whole amount up-front. Consider more than just cost when comparing HVAC contractors in The Woodlands TX. Do they offer solid warranties and guarantees?
If you check into Bradbury Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning for your next HVAC project, we’re confident you’ll get all the right answers to your questions. Contact us today at Bradbury Brothers.