Along with everything you do to keep your family safe and your home comfortable, it doesn’t seem fair that you should have to check product recalls as well as schedule annual dental, dermatology, veterinarian, HVAC maintenance, etc. appointments. You don’t have to check IF, when you purchased a product, you filled out the little white registration card that came with it and mailed it to the manufacturer. Then, they will find you to let you know about product recalls.
Most of us don’t. We’re so eager to plug it in and watch the magic that we hurriedly trash the box, wrapper, and the manufacturer registration card.
2015-2016 plumbing appliance product recalls include:
- Samsung Top-Loading Washing Machines – 11/4/16 – The top may disconnect from the chassis; possible impact injuries
- GE Appliances Top-Loading Washing Machines – 9/15/16 – Electrical component may overheat; fire hazard
- Flushmate III Pressure-Assisted Flushing Systems – 7/14/16 – System can burst near vessel weld seam, releasing pressure which can lift the tank lid and shatter the tank; impact and laceration hazards, property damage
- Rheem Water Heaters – 5/26/16 – Control panel may overheat; fire, burn hazards
- Touchless Kitchen Faucets – 9/10/15 – Battery box may short-circuit; fire, burn hazards
There was also one plumbing-related product recall in 2016:
- Clorox Liquid Plumr Clog Removers – Bottles are not child-resistant; chemical burns, skin irritation, eyes, and sodium hydroxide poisoning hazards
Recalls: What You Can Do
Each Home Depot online recall notice offers a repair solution. You can also visit the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) website or call the 24-hour, toll-free Consumer Hotline, 800-638-2772.
Bradbury Brothers Services has two priorities: to keep you and your family safe and to minimize your plumbing-related emergencies. That’s why our blog offers helpful tips such as Think Again . . . Drain Cleaner.
If you have any questions or need additional information about the safety of your plumbing appliances, contact us or call 281.661.4283.